These are the perfect prepare ahead side dish to any meal, make up a batch & keep them in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze for longer. Then simply grab them & heat in the oven…thats if they don’t all get eaten first time around!!
Top with poached eggs & a side of avocado for an excellent brunch or serve as a side with your evening meal. These are gluten, dairy, vegetarian so are great for a wide range of dietary requirements.
Sweet Potato, Courgette & Onion Hash
Sweet Potato, Courgette & Onion Hash Patties
- 2 Medium to Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Courgette
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Peel the small sweet potato, cut into chunks & steam until softened, whilst this is steaming…
- Slice the onions thinly & sauté gently so these soften, whilst they are starting to go translucent, finely chop the garlic & add to the pan
- Grate or shred the courgette & importantly squeeze & drain excess liquid & add to a large bowl.
- Grate or shred in a food processor the two large sweet potatoes, keeping the skins on & add to the courgette, do the same with the carrot if using.
- Mix the grated veg together & add the onion & garlic. Then beat the egg & add to the bowl. Your sweet potato should be soft by now, mash this up then add to the shredded veg as a binder.
- Combine your mix together in the bowl so everything is even distributed, add coconut flour to a consistency that these are not too wet & can be easily formed into balls. Remember a little coconut flour goes a long way!
- Split mix in half & again & once more you should have 8 equal portions.
- Form these into balls & put these on baking paper of foil & press down into patties you like the look of.
- Either bake these 20mins until starting to go crisp & golden on top but still soft inside, or pan fry these until you get the desired effect.
- Enjoy & try not to eat all at once..!
A fresh batch ready to be eaten!
Makes for a great brunch…